We are looking to bring in an ambitious candidate to join the team in our…
What’s in a day?
As a Chef de partie you get to oversee a section of the kitchen, be it pastry, butchery, fish, sauces, vegetables and so on. This is why the job is sometimes called a station chef or line cook. In large kitchens, you usually get help from a Demi-Chef de partie, Commis Chef, or a Trainee Chef.
- Preparing, cooking and presenting dishes within your speciality
- Managing and training any junior chefs working with you
- Helping the sous chef and head chef to develop new dishes and menus
- Ensuring you and your team have high standards of food hygiene and follow the rules of health and safety
- Monitoring portion and waste control to maintain profit margins
The post can offer:
- A chance to work more closely with – and be inspired by – your head chef
- A competitive salary
- A genuine work/life balance
- The opportunity to work with fresh, locally sourced ingredients
- A fun, engaging, rewarding place to work with plenty of support
- Previous experience as a Chef de partie
- Great people manager with a focus on training and development
- High standards of food hygiene and H&S
- Passionate and knowledgeable about fresh food and quality ingredients
- Strong grasp of stock, GP and labour control
If you would like to be considered for this fantastic opportunity, please send your CV through to firstname.lastname@example.org!